- Automating the Publishing workflow for one of the major Publishing company. This involved development of InDesign Plug-ins to support Interactive Media within InDesign e.g. Audio, Video, Slide Shows etc. Exporting of InDesign files to a proprietary format which was then used by a publishing application (developed in AIR) to Design Magzines and publish them on Web.
- An application for a InDesign Product company that helps user to manage various page item positions by measuring their position and distances relative to other page items.
- An application for end Customer to manage their InDesign Templates and generate InDesign files on demand by picking up a particular Template and filing it with the data specified separately in an XML file.
The project we are planning to work on is to develop the basic Plug-in in C++ and then use Flex UI to allow user to do the functions that are currently not part of InDesign e.g. linking to resources on Web etc.
- Should have good academic background and should be regular BE / BTech / ME / MTech / MCA from reputed institutes.
- The minimum experience of the candidate should be 3+ years.
- Understanding of how to make the plug-in scriptable.
- Should be comfortable with both Windows and Mac development environments
- Should have good understanding and implementation experience of Object Oriented concepts and Patterns
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Agile Methodologies in a distributed team environment is a plus.
- Experience of developing Flex extensions of InDesign is a plus.